clubing glade and gl together

i am an engg. student. we do have a main project section in our syllabus. so i am doing project in OpenGL. my project is to develop a 3D graphics display software which works in linux.
the GUI is being done in Glade or Lesstiff. But so far i couldn’t club Glade and GL together. My doubt is whether i can call a GL window in a Gtk window. if i can please let me know how it can done…

It’s cruel of universities to force their students to write apps for linux

BTW, I can’t answer your question, as I barely know what kde is, let alone glade.

i do not know how glade handles it (and i do not want it to know)
but for opengl in a gtk window you can use gtkglarea which really works fine (i am using it in all my opengl progs)
i cannot exactly tell you what to do (since i assume you are using c or even worse c++) but it should not be difficult to figure it out yourself (if you are going to use object-pascal i can help you much more )

[This message has been edited by satan (edited 04-18-2002).]

Wow, a thread on a geek forum bashing first Linux, then C++? What is the world coming to?

– Zeno

Don’t get me started on linux!
I was forced to use vi to edit my programs at my last place of employment (“it’s the only editor you can guarantee you will have access to on site”)…

:!ls

oh lovely - gui’s that simply sprintf unix commands onto the command line when you click a button…

I love c++ though.

Search your docs for ‘glarea’.

Originally posted by knackered:
I was forced to use vi to edit my programs at my last place of employment

Hehehe… I work on all flavors of unix at my job, but mostly Windows at home. Just the other day I was asking a buddy if they’d found a vi plugin for VC++.

[b]Don’t get me started on linux!
I was forced to use vi to edit my programs at my last place of employment (“it’s the only editor you can guarantee you will have access to on site”)…

:!ls

oh lovely - gui’s that simply sprintf unix commands onto the command line when you click a button…

I love c++ though.[/b]

You know, Linux is more than vi

But I can understand your feeling, I hate vi too !!!

The irony is, I actually grew to like vi. It’s certainly quick to use, and the pattern search & replace…what am I saying!

Originally posted by Zeno:
[b]Wow, a thread on a geek forum bashing first Linux, then C++? What is the world coming to?

– Zeno[/b]

if we bash enough on c/c++ and on m$win it will be a better place for all people

the thing with the linux bashing was not my idea

and by the way at least i gave an (hopefully helpfull) answer

and linux is really much more than vi (for example emacs - oh i hate emacs )

I like pico.

Well… I used to. I’ve gotten into using vi more now, when I do my Linux stuff.

How dare you bash C/C++ satan! You are evil! Evil, I say!

Personally, I like vi…it can be very speedy when you’re good at it.

Does anyone here use ed? I remember accidentally starting it a couple times and my session went something like this:

golem$ ed

?
help
?
?
?
quit
?
exit
?
bye
?
hello?
?
eat flaming death
?
^C
?
^C
?
^D
?

Emacs is better than vi - but I spent so long learning vi that I have to use it when on a unix based platform (irix, for example).
Sorry for bashing linux - I think it’s great, but I don’t want to develop on it (or for it), ever again.

d0 n0t m0kk gv1mm !!!

Emacs is better than vi - but I spent so long learning vi that I have to use it when on a unix based platform (irix, for example).
Sorry for bashing linux - I think it’s great, but I don’t want to develop on it (or for it), ever again.

Why not use gnotepad. It can highlight the text accordingly (C, C++, object pascal and so on)
The only thing that I hate is that tabs are treated as white spaces. I prefer to have tabs remain as tabs!

Definitly, Linux needs some user friendly features and it certainly has come a long way now.

V-man

Originally posted by V-man:
[b] Why not use gnotepad. It can highlight the text accordingly (C, C++, object pascal and so on)
The only thing that I hate is that tabs are treated as white spaces. I prefer to have tabs remain as tabs!

Definitly, Linux needs some user friendly features and it certainly has come a long way now.

V-man[/b]

gnotepad???
i have a (not finished but very usable) rad enviroment for my object pascal, so i do not have to take any of these standard editors (and although i don’t like the languages there are really good ides for c/c++, too - try anjuta, for example)

but enough for me
this is opengl forum and the question is answered

Originally posted by satan:
[b]i do not know how glade handles it (and i do not want it to know)
but for opengl in a gtk window you can use gtkglarea which really works fine (i am using it in all my opengl progs)
i cannot exactly tell you what to do (since i assume you are using c or even worse c++) but it should not be difficult to figure it out yourself (if you are going to use object-pascal i can help you much more )

[This message has been edited by satan (edited 04-18-2002).][/b]

Thank you for giving the guidance. i am doing the gl thing in c. so far i haven’t tried gtkglarea. it would be kind of you if you could furthur guide me in this area…
thanking you
hariharan