Can't use OPenGL in CS games when windows changed to XP

Who can help me?

video card: Inter i740
PII:350

I can’t use “openGL” in CS games when I update to windowsXP
I domnloaded "i740"new version driver instead of old new one, but it still have same problem.

can I download OPenGL to drive my Video Card? and how?

Sounds like the Intel driver did not get loaded correctly, or is the wrong one for XP. One could probably look in the registry or device manager (or whatever its called on XP) to see if its there. If its any reassurance, Intel’s 810 driver works fine on XP.

i740 ? you mean the pre-geforce1 stuff ???

Originally posted by ZbuffeR:
i740 ? you mean the pre-geforce1 stuff ???
Inter i740 is my display card

Originally posted by asdf asdf:
Sounds like the Intel driver did not get loaded correctly, or is the wrong one for XP. One could probably look in the registry or device manager (or whatever its called on XP) to see if its there. If its any reassurance, Intel’s 810 driver works fine on XP.
Thank you anyway,
Do you mean I can use interl 's810 driver to works on my i740 card?

Is CS running with your computer ?
you should buy a video card, the radeon 7500 or Nvidia 4 MX440 are good materials but they’re chip
you can choose to play with DirectX with CS, no ?

if you can’t, check the opengl version with xp
but it seem your problem is provided by your video card =/ not xp (erm… xp hate your card ?)

>Thank you anyway,
>Do you mean I can use interl 's810 driver to >works on my i740 card?

No, just that Intel’s kind enough to support ancient hardware, its just a matter of finding the right driver on their website.

The nice thing about having the driver for the ingrated video, is that one can quickly pull out video card and fallback to the Intel ICD to test (any OpenGL 1.1) things.

Originally posted by Gollum:
[b]Is CS running with your computer ?
you should buy a video card, the radeon 7500 or Nvidia 4 MX440 are good materials but they’re chip
you can choose to play with DirectX with CS, no ?

if you can’t, check the opengl version with xp
but it seem your problem is provided by your video card =/ not xp (erm… xp hate your card ?)[/b]
yes, it runing smoothly, except it can’t use “Opengl” option which affect display quality seriously.
Does you mean Inter i740 card can’t be used or drived in XP?
I guess it should have siutable Opengl version to match i740 card in xp, am i righ? which?

Originally posted by asdf asdf:
[b]>Thank you anyway,
>Do you mean I can use interl 's810 driver to >works on my i740 card?

No, just that Intel’s kind enough to support ancient hardware, its just a matter of finding the right driver on their website.

The nice thing about having the driver for the ingrated video, is that one can quickly pull out video card and fallback to the Intel ICD to test (any OpenGL 1.1) things.[/b]
Yes, you are right
I domnloaded "i740"new version driver instead of old new one for XP, but failed.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.