From what I have read, I can do many interesting things with shaders.
Is it possible to do these:
- Define ‘non standard’ texture formats, for example 16 bits textures.
- If 1) is possible, can I render such a texture in a way that the interpolated 16 bits number of the texels N, will be checked againts some values say v1, v2 etc. If N < v1 draw R1G1B1, if v1 =<N < v2 draw R2G2B2 etc. I mean N will serve as a pointer to a color LUT table.
- Can I apply a sort of image processing while drawing a texture? I mean is it possible that a fragment’s color is a user defined linear combination of neiboring texels?
- If the processor has several texture units, is it possible to apply different behaviours described in 1) and 2)to different texture units?
- When combining the these textures by multitexturing what are the combinations possibilities? Can I multiply two textures or only to blend them?
Hope the questions are clear enough…