Can ANYONE help with GForce 4 TI 4400 problems ?

I have a P4 2.53 Gig CPU on an ASUS P4S533-VM Mother board (533 FSB) with 256 MB of PC2100 DDR RAM. Board uses SIS North Bridge (615) & South Bridge (962L) chipsets. AGP (4x) has latest SIS drivers from their Website (v1.12 I think) & is occupied by a Leadtek My VIVO A250 TD (Gforce 4 TI 4400 with 128 MB DDR RAM). The set up originally came with onboard CMI 9738 Audio controller and SIS shared video, both of which I have disabled in the BIOS. The audio is now provided by Creative SB Live Value on PCI ( withg latest drivers) & the monitor is a 19" MAG 968FS (CRT). Another PCI slot is taken up by a 10/100 network card.PSU is generic 250W. Ok so that’s the whole set up …
Problem is - on a cold boot (into XP Home SP1) it just hangs on a blank screen and I have to reboot & then all goes well. SO that is irritiating but the real killer is I can’t play any OPen GL games - Quake 3 (with latest patch) and Wolfenstein will start and within a minute or immediately the screen will freeze and a piercing howl comes out the speakers. Have tried everything (moving PCI cards around & out, different Nvidia tweaks, different resolutions & screen sizes, burn tests on CPU,board & RAM, gotten latest drivers for Everything …)including several sets of Detonator drivers plus the manufacturers drivers and just cant’t lick it.
Anyone out there with ideas - at this stage I have ruled out any factor bar OpenGL ???

I seem to have some probs with my OpenGL as well, I have windows XP, a NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 card and I can’t get Neverwinter nights to run properly (slower than it should be, I mean, how could t not run on a pentium 1.8ghz with 256mb DDR ram?) and JK2 does not work AT ALL (the sub system or whatever) and I tell you now, technical info on computers is not one of my strong points, its barely weak. please give me a simple way that I could use to fix this problem.

Ultiheart

Originally posted by Ultiheart:
[b]I seem to have some probs with my OpenGL as well, I have windows XP, a NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 card and I can’t get Neverwinter nights to run properly (slower than it should be, I mean, how could t not run on a pentium 1.8ghz with 256mb DDR ram?) and JK2 does not work AT ALL (the sub system or whatever) and I tell you now, technical info on computers is not one of my strong points, its barely weak. please give me a simple way that I could use to fix this problem.

Ultiheart[/b]

Try latest Detonator drivers at www.nvidia.com and ensure that you have installed XP Service Pack 1 via Windows Update.Thats all I can suggest but some games just weren’t designed for Win XP - if you are a gamer, then consider downgrading your Operating system to Windows 98 Second edition.