call for OpenGL forum improvement !!!

These forums only really need a troll moderator (coughC++cough)

Since the webmaster looks dead, who should be contact to issue those ideas? This is the first problem I see and it’s the most important. This topic already issued some time ago and got lost.

I like fmod forum , it would be very nice to have the gl forum updated to that. Private messages would also be cool.

EDIT: broken url
EDIT: uh-oh, I must learn how to use those UBB code.

[This message has been edited by Obli (edited 07-08-2003).]

[This message has been edited by Obli (edited 07-08-2003).]

Private messages and “continuing this conversation by email” go against the philosophy of newsgroups. If a question is to be answered, let it be answered in public, and let it be recorded for future generations.

The webmaster doesn’t reply sometimes. But there was a search for a moderator and he asked me to recommend someone.

Wanna know who I recommended?

The forum is not out of control, but getting rid of trolls and people who have no clue would be nice. By no clue, I mean people who dont know how to ask a question and leave out critical info like OS, drivers, video, …

As for CHM files, I personally dont need them. I just save the whole HTML page in a folder.

Maybe we should wait until OpenGL 2.0 is released and then whole opengl.org should be updated. I always thought, that there is a lot of stuff here, which is really not that up to date.
And then one could think about adding a “shader forum”.

Jan.

Wanna know who I recommended?

Who?

And then one could think about adding a “shader forum”.

deja vu.

Originally posted by Nutty:
Who?

I said Dorbie or jwatte. He said can you recommend a “level headed person”, and they seem ok, plus they have been here a long time.

Maybe Dorbie was contacted but he turned it down??? Please don’t tell me you turned it down.

>>These forums only really need a troll >>moderator (coughC++cough)
I#M WURE THAT WWEEED NEED NOT MODEARTOR 1111

ohhh, lest poszt seams to be veary drunken. sorry.

Originally posted by m2:
3. Smilies. Need I say more?

No, you don’t. You just consider will you be using them or not

I was surprised to be recommended, yes I was asked to moderate some time ago and also asked if I would recommend any other level headed people who may want to moderate. I accepted and made a couple of recommendations, I’d probably make one or two more now having seen a few posts in the interim and given it some thought.

I never heard any more, I never thought too much about, I figured either it was on the back burner or the web master saw some of my more colorful posts and thought better of it. I’m sure there are several frequent contributors out there who don’t think I’m a good choice, I have afterall been embroiled in some long running threads and really don’t relish being the topic of the ensuing debate.

Originally posted by Nutty:
deja vu.

Mmmm, be carefull, you know what a bug in the matrix means, right?

I was surprised to be recommended, yes I was asked to moderate some time ago and also asked if I would recommend any other level headed people who may want to moderate.

I bet your first choice for another moderator is C++ isnt it? j/k, hehe

More seriously though, I just want a moderator that will just get rid of the occasional troll cough C++ cough and the posts that couldn’t possibly get anymore off topic. Like one I replied to a little while back where the person asked why does his windows or programs or wtf ever would automatically close a few seconds after opening them. Why someone thinks they need to post something like that here is beyond me. That’s the kind of thing that needs to be just deleted by a mod as quickly as possible.

Anyway, I would like to see this board updated with a new look. The way cgshaders.org, nutty’s board, etc look is very nice. I like that style of msg board a lot. From all of the msg board styles I have seen to me it’s the nicest.

-SirKnight

I think Dorbie would be a good choice.
So long as he doesn’t edit any threads he’s contributed to.

Another vote for Dorbie.

I think a post bookmarking feature would be nice to have like gamedev.net has. That way if you make a post you can quickly return to it without browsing or searching for the posts. Also, the search feature should not be limited to 200 or so post searches. I like the idea of downloading .chm forum file for archiving purposes as there is some good info in here.