~ C ~

I’m studying C to create a prototype of a “game”/action-planning tool. on the cprogramming.com board, I had OpenGL recommended as “compatible” with C and a “source” of code to render graphics for my project. Is it necessary to learn a separate “language” to use OpenGL graphics capabilities with C?
Alex
{I will be exploring the site to learn more about OpenGL and that may answer my question but I have many recommendations of graphics capability for my project and only so much time…}

I guess you’ll have to learn how to use the OpenGL specific commands but otherwise it just c/c++ or whatever you like… If you haven’t you should get the latest GLUT and the red book…

good luck with your project

/M

GLUT?
Red Book??

GLUT is a window toolkit used to make windows type applications (without relying
on MS windows).

The Red Book is :
OpenGL Programming Guide …
ISBN 0201604582

also check out nehe.gamedev.net
There are a lot of good tutorials there.

Opengl was created with C, and is a good choice for a C based program. You can find a lot of C examples of Opengl programming.

Originally posted by amzolt:
I’m studying C to create a prototype of a “game”/action-planning tool. on the cprogramming.com board, I had OpenGL recommended as “compatible” with C and a “source” of code to render graphics for my project. Is it necessary to learn a separate “language” to use OpenGL graphics capabilities with C?
Alex
{I will be exploring the site to learn more about OpenGL and that may answer my question but I have many recommendations of graphics capability for my project and only so much time…}

OpenGL compatible with C? That’s BS.

OpenGL is an API, and it is wrapped up in a library file. That means you can use any language you want: C, C++, C#, Java, VB, Delphi, Ada, Fortran, assembly, and the list goes on.

All you need, is a declaration file (a bind, as they call it).

V-man

Check out http://www.gametutorials.com for help in OpenGl. Its a great site and has a LOT of tutorials.

Thanks(ALL)
/chxfryer, V-man, nexusone, Jeeeez, Norling/