Blending need help

Hi,

I am trying to make a birthday cake on the computer,
(kinda cheesy I know). The cake I can do easy, but I want to put lit candles on it. My problem runs into the fire. I am trying to blend them because I couldn’t figure out how to download the precompiled gimp(I’m not good with internet) and I have no other program that saves tga files, and I have no idea how loading textures work.

Any ways. My problem occurs when I rotate the scene to where I am looking through the flames at the cake, that is when my flame goes white. I can guess why but all the other ways of blending I have tried just have not worked.

Here is the code of the flame.

glBindTexture(GL_TEXTURE_2D, texture);
glEnable(GL_BLEND);

....draw the flame.....

glBlendFunc(GL_SRC_ALPHA,GL_DST_COLOR); // Type Of Blending To Perform
glDisable(GL_BLEND);

all replies are greatly apprectiated, but just a note, after this weekend I only get to use highspeed internet at school, so please hurry :rolleyes:

try http://nehe.gamedev.net
there is a good tuto about blending

I’ve been there so many times, i’ve even downloaded the tutorials, but I don’t get the math they try to teach and the red book doesn’t help much either. I am probably doing this the wrong way. Thanks for trying to help though

Try glBlendFunc(GL_SRC_ALPHA, GL_ONE_MINUS_SRC_ALPHA)… That’s the standard transparency blending equation.

I tried it, but when I look at the white part through the particles I can see the black on the particles way to well.