bitmap font tutorial here :-)

just for beginners like me i wrote a bitmap font tutorial explaining how to create neat looking bitmap fonts for use in your opengl game/app.
http://www.andre-krause.net/tutorials/bitmap_fonts/index.html

oh - any comments are greatly appreciated!

[This message has been edited by herc (edited 10-31-2002).]

Hello.
What I am actually wondering is wether you happen to now where one (errr me) could get some nice bitmaps with fonts on them?
Thanks and keep up the good work!

If you read his tutor, it tells you how to make your own font bitmaps with a free bitmap font creator program he has linked to the tutor!

The program will load any True type font!

Herc… good work on the tutor!
Has everything someone needs to make bitmap font’s.

Originally posted by B_old:
Hello.
What I am actually wondering is wether you happen to now where one (errr me) could get some nice bitmaps with fonts on them?
Thanks and keep up the good work!

[This message has been edited by nexusone (edited 11-01-2002).]

[This message has been edited by nexusone (edited 11-01-2002).]

@b_old: if you wish, i could email you a collection of bitmap fonts!
also, i have added some example fonts for downloading to my tutorial, so you could quickly test them without the hassle with photoshop.

Hello.
OK I downloaded this program now. Might be usefull, but actually I liked your textured ones better. Have you made them in photoshop?
I don’t have photoshop, but I have GIMP. Anyway I would like it much better if there were a site or so were you could download such artistic fonts. Also I’d like see more of yours if that is possible, thanks.

yes, such pages with cool bitmap fonts, especially in the nehe-fontlayout, are very rare - to be precise - i did not found such. thats the reason i took the time to get around with photoshop! too, im pretty sure that you can achive the very same with gimp - but dont ask me how. maybe someone out there will write the same tutorial using gimp ?

if you quickly need a font, i could create it for you, if you describe me your specs (font style , texture size, look&feel )

It’s not that I need a cool font really fast I was just thinking it can never be to early for organizing one.
[I’m so stuck in my project without having really achieved anyithing ;(]
If you really have the time and motivation and create a font for me I wouldn’t say no.
Whatever