bezier meshes?

Hi,
Can somebody tell me how can I make Bezier meshes? I know how to make b. surfaces, but i want to make something more complex (like a head, for example)

Thx in advance.

barni

Have you tried glMap2d, glEvalCoord2d, glEvalMesh2, glMapGrid2d?

Are you saying you want to generate bezier
mesh models? You need a modeler with support
for that format, such as 3dsmax, and then
have it export data in a file format which
also supports that format.

bgl,

Do you mean that glEvalCoord and glEvalMesh, don’t use interpolation methods, like Bezier, when evaluating points between the points fed to glMap2? But in the OpenGL’s documentation, they claim that OpenGL can do such things.

[This message has been edited by softland_gh (edited 12-23-2000).]

Well it all depends on what you want really. glEval*() are great but aren’t accelerated, it’s SW using the GLU lib. If you were to use a modeler and export the mesh, you can render using a display list or vertex arrays which is accelerated. If speed is an issue, I’d go with the precomputed mesh.

softland: glEval* probably work just fine to
DRAW these surfaces. But the original poster
wanted to MAKE these meshes, which to me
sounds like he has a modeling problem, not a
rendering problem.

I guess we won’t know what he really wanted
unless he comes back and tells us :slight_smile:

Hi,
My probem is, that i have a low-poly model, and I want to make it look smoother, if possible with OpenGL (calculating polygon-subdivision by software is slower, and a bit difficulter to implement)
But in this case I can’t do anything with a smoothed “heightfield” (an UV-mesh), I would need something like “glEval3d” but as far i know there isn’t anything like this in OpenGL. (a head is a closed surface…)

Thx for these comments, and if you have further ideas, please post them. Thanks again.

barni.

I think that glMap2 and glEvalCoord work for closed surfaces too, because for every entry in the map you give “3 dimentional” vectors (not only heights) and OpenGL is responsible for interpolating the 3 coordinates independently. All you have to do is to get the spherical coordinates of the face and map it to rectangular coordinates by simple conversions between the two coordinate systems.

[This message has been edited by softland_gh (edited 12-23-2000).]