BASIC app, but white lines show up blue?

What was your make command when you compiled MESA manually?

make linux-x86
     or linux-dri or linux-dri-x86 or linux-dri-x86-64 ... etc 

If you are on a 64bit OS and compile library for 32bit then I suppose that might cause your linker to “pass over” your MESA library compiled in favor of the already installed 64 bit version in LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

I would try “make linux-x86-64” in your case first to just get the software only version working as a first test then move on to ATI dri if that test works.

Okay the make linux-x86-64 worked, I had tried it with (I think) linux-dri-x86-64 before, or something like that? I can’t remember. I get this weird error though when the window opens:

IRQ’s not enabled, falling back to busy waits: 2 0

But other than that, directly forcing the link seems to work… hmm… so I guess I need to file something with MESA, or maybe Fedora? Or… I’m not even sure who. lol There was a MESA update released that said it fixed the color problem… it didn’t…

Sure looks like a MESA issue with the DRI based on your result. Maybe post a bug report with MESA – tell them your hardware/GPU/OS/64bit and your particular make command option you used. And then ask the fedora forums how to roll back your Mesa driver since it was working for you before the update and let them know why you want to do that ie a problem with the new MESA version relative to your GPU.

ps Do you have a new enough GPU from ATI that may be supported by the binary ie ATI drivers. That may be a way to go until they get the open source support going well. I am all for open source – it just takes some time and commitment form the manufacturers.

Yeah I tried the ATI drivers before and they totally killed my install… I’m told they’re not compatible with the newest version of X or something. Maybe they’ve been updated but I’m really hesitant to try though, given when I installed them before, I couldn’t even boot to restore. Looking back a linuxlive disc might have worked to get at the xorg.conf that way, but even then I’m not sure as nothing else worked.