Bad rendering


I created a model in 3dstudioMAX 9 and exported it to DAE with the feelingsoftware collada MAX plugin. Then I import it into papervision3D and the model shows fine. However, it seems not to render correctly, as if it displaces the faces. Please take a look at the picture below to clearify this

I tried different modeling techniques but they both behave the same in papervision.
What is going on?

It’s difficult to get the required information out from a screenshot :wink: So either please provide the 3ds Max file or the DAE. Did you already try it with the “NextGen” plugins that are available at ? Tangents and Binormals are not the problem here but if you don’t need them leave the option unchecked to reduce file size.


thanks for the tip. I hadn’t tried that one yet, however it gives me the same results.
You can have a look at the files here

Hey m6246,

I had a brief look at your files and got your run with FDT. First issue I recognized is that you use the “org.papervision3d.objects.parsers.Collada” parser. In my first papervision code I used “org.papervision3d.objects.parsers.DAE”. I swapped the parser and the rendering seems to be different (especially the scale of the scene). I don’t know why there are two parsers for COLLADA but based on the comments in the source I assume the “org.papervision3d.objects.parsers.Collada” parser is a new one which is yet not finished. Try it with “org.papervision3d.objects.parsers.DAE”.