articulated figures in animation

How do I use articulated figures in animation by using openGL to design a stick future animation. Thanks.

You have to program the movement and ether create the object’s(Stick figures) by hand or a 3D editor.

Originally posted by Jim4130:
How do I use articulated figures in animation by using openGL to design a stick future animation. Thanks.

Thanks for your reply. How can I apply each figure to implement keyframe animation by using openGL code? Please give some advices or references.

First I think you are a bit confused about what opengl is.
Opengl a graphics API like Direct X, it give you the commands like draw a line, a cube, etc.
You may want to look at using a program like Blender which uses opengl to write to the screen the images. Blender can create 3D animation, if that is all you want to do with openGL.

If you want to program in opengl, you will have to know something about C or some other supported programming language.

The code for doing this could get quite detailed, so I am going to give a simple over view.

When programing a 3D animation, you think just as you would doing any type of animation in frames.

You would draw out each of the movements, and place them into an array varible which will act as a frame.

Using a time function you would every X seconds you would change your object’s pose.
Thus giving your charactor movement.

This site has some good examples to get you started programming with OpenGL.

another good site is: http://nehe.gamedev.net

Originally posted by Jim4130:
Thanks for your reply. How can I apply each figure to implement keyframe animation by using openGL code? Please give some advices or references.