ARB_VBO in pascal

It may not be positive feedback, but I’m currently using Linux drivers which “seem” to have bugs with vbo. I opened a topic yersterday and you can still take a look at it if it helps.

Actually I’m having problems with vertex buffer object for GL_VERTEX_ARRAY, but for the index array it works fine as long as I use GL_ELEMENT_ARRAY_BUFFER_ARB

I have seen your thread, but unfortunatly it does not help me.
My first try was using glDrawRangeElements with vertex, normal and index array.
My second one was just using glDrawArrays with only one vertex array.
I thought with vbo I should be able to do all the stuff I actually can do with ‘traditional VA’. And therefor my progs should work.

Originally posted by satan:
I thought with vbo I should be able to do all the stuff I actually can do with ‘traditional VA’. And therefor my progs should work.

In theory you can. Maybe you need a bit of organization when you want to deal with multiple buffers simultaneously, but still it is possible.

In practice, well…

Can you try this Linux arb_vbo demo and let me know if it works for you?

http://www.cfxweb.net/~delphigl/files/simple_vbo.zip

To compile, extract the zip file to an empty folder, go to DEMOS/OpenGL/src/simple_vbo and run ‘make’. To run, just execute ‘./simple_vbo’ after a successfull compile.

It does not work for me. Same problems as my tries. Black screen, some seconds later aborted.

[satan@darkbreed simple_vbo]$ make
make: *** Warning: File `Makefile’ has modification time in the future (2003-04-04 01:30:09 > 2003-04-04 00:37:14)
g++ -Wall -g -DUNIX -I…/…/inc -I…/…/…/…/inc -c simple_vbo.cpp
g++ simple_vbo.o -o simple_vbo -lglut -lGLU -lGL
make: warning: Clock skew detected. Your build may be incomplete.
[satan@darkbreed simple_vbo]$ ./simple_vbo
Aborted

My hardware if it matters is a 400MHz K6-II and a Geforce2MX.

I will be away for some days now, but I will check this when I am back. I hope there is a solution to my problems as I would really like to use vbo in my engine.

[This message has been edited by satan (edited 04-03-2003).]

idem. black screen. wait a few seconds. “Aborted”

Runs fine for me with the 43.49 drivers.

Hey satan,

I have never seen that clock skew warning before. What distro are you running? What kernel?

PK, what graphics card do you have please ?

He’s running Redhat8.0 (I think he’s written it somewhere in the thread).
I’m running Mandrake9.0 and the clock skew warning appears too.

Ya, looks like there is a problem with GeForce2 MX and GeForce4 MX cards. I’ve filed a bug on this and it should get fixed in the next driver release.

Thanks alot Jason,
Let’s hope the “next driver release” will be asap

Originally posted by vincoof:
[b]PK, what graphics card do you have please ?

He’s running Redhat8.0 (I think he’s written it somewhere in the thread).
I’m running Mandrake9.0 and the clock skew warning appears too.[/b]

Geforce3 Ti500 (NV22)
43.49 drivers
$ uname -a
Linux localhost 2.4.19-gentoo-r10 #6 SMP Thu Feb 6 16:48:24 PST 2003 i686 AMD Athlon™ Processor AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux

The fact you’ve got a GeForce Titanium may be the reason why it works with your machine, according to Jason.

btw:
$ uname -a
Linux linux 2.4.19-16mdk #1 Fri Sep 20 18:15:05 CEST 2002 i686 unknown unknown GNU/Linux