ARB Extensions

What Libraries do I require to use ARB-extensions such as ARB-Multitexturing

I read somewhere they are implemented in the latest opengl lib and header files but where can I download these?

thx in advance Jan Bop

The driver provides the pointers to the extensions. Update your driver and get the latest header files from http://oss.sgi.com/projects/ogl-sample/registry.

See the OpenGL Programming Guide (e.g. wglGetProcAddress, glXGetProcAddress, chapter 14 Extension to the Standard)

Here’s an example (for glMultiDrawElements) that might help.

Sorry about formatting … some white space is removed when posting … not sure why.

</font><blockquote><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Arial”>code:</font><hr /><pre style=“font-size:x-small; font-family: monospace;”>////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
// Filename : glInterleavedArrays.cpp
//
// Description : OpenGL vertex array example using glInterleavedArrays and
// glMultiDrawElementsEXT.
//
// To compile on Linux, use:
// g++ -o glEdgeFlag *.cpp -lglut -lGLU -lGL -lX11 -lXext -lXmu -lXi -lm
// -L/usr/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib
//
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

#include <stdio.h>

#if defined(WIN32)

Trying again …

</font><blockquote><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Arial”>code:</font><hr /><pre style=“font-size:x-small; font-family: monospace;”>////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
// Filename : glInterleavedArrays.cpp
//
// Description : OpenGL vertex array example using glInterleavedArrays and
// glMultiDrawElementsEXT.
//
// To compile on Linux, use:
// g++ -o glEdgeFlag *.cpp -lglut -lGLU -lGL -lX11 -lXext -lXmu -lXi -lm
// -L/usr/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib
//
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

#include <stdio.h>

#if defined(WIN32)

Okay … so maybe posts are limited in size. I’ll send example if you e-mail me.

</font><blockquote><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Arial”>code:</font><hr /><pre style=“font-size:x-small; font-family: monospace;”>#include <GL/glext.h
PFNGLMULTIDRAWELEMENTSEXTPROC glMultiDrawElementsEXT = NULL;

#if defined(WIN32)

Okay … have no idea what’s up with posting. I tried :slight_smile:

A simple way to get extensions (and newer core versions than 1.1 on windows) is using an extension loading library such as glew. Quick and easy.

http://glew.sourceforge.net/

There are several others available that do more or less the same thing.

thx for reply I will look into it