application transfers

For starters I am purchasing some props/3d models from a merchant, can I be sent in a direction at purchase how to upload to Collada and then transfer to my 3d software application? Thanks please reply.

It’s very difficult to work with COLLADA in software. There aren’t really off the shelf solutions. Can you PLEASE convince me you (mexican77) are not a robot?

COLLADA is a major technology investment, and software that works with it should be offline, meaning that you need at least two softwares: a COLLADA processor, and a runtime that uses the output of the processor, not in COLLADA.

[quote=mick p.;42659]it’s very difficult to work with collada in software. There aren’t really off the shelf solutions. Can you please convince me you (mexican77) are not a robot?

Collada is a major technology investment, and software that works with it should be offline, meaning that you need at least two softwares: A collada processor, and a runtime that uses the output of the processor, not in collada.[/quote]

not a robot what do you mean offline?????

Thank you mexican77. It depends. If “3d software application” means an editor like Blender, or some software that you are a developer/maintainer of that consumes 3D data.

By “offline” I mean a second software that does a task to prepare your 3D data in advance of your “3D software application” that is sometimes called a “runtime.” It runs when your software is not online, so it is offline.

I’m sorry I can’t be of more help. I don’t quite follow your original question. COLLADA is a file format.

[QUOTE=Mick P.;42672]Thank you mexican77. It depends. If “3d software application” means an editor like Blender, or some software that you are a developer/maintainer of that consumes 3D data.

By “offline” I mean a second software that does a task to prepare your 3D data in advance of your “3D software application” that is sometimes called a “runtime.” It runs when your software is not online, so it is offline.

I’m sorry I can’t be of more help. I don’t quite follow your original question. COLLADA is a file format.[/QUOTE]

any suggestions