Any Nvidia rpm for RH7.2?

I’m trying to find an rpm for RH7.2 but I can’t. The reason I’m not just compiling the source myself is that it fails!?

Does anyone know where to get nvidia kernel and glx rpm’s for red hat 7.2?

thanx

Originally posted by lightyear:
[b]I’m trying to find an rpm for RH7.2 but I can’t. The reason I’m not just compiling the source myself is that it fails!?

Does anyone know where to get nvidia kernel and glx rpm’s for red hat 7.2?

thanx[/b]

7.2 does not have any yet, or I have not seen any.

How compiling fails ?

Did you use 2.* or 3.* gcc, 3.* do not work yet with nvidia drivers.

t;jackz

I don’t know which version of gcc I use, how do I check that? I just installed rh7.2 and I’m still trying to figure out where everything is.

when I make it barks something about the header-files. I’ve tried to compile with the SYSINCLUDE=[different paths] but nothing helps. I 'm pretty sure the headerfiles are installed, but how do I prove that?
Also I don’t have the /lib/modules/2.4.7-10/build/include directory as the installguide sugests.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

thanx

Type “gcc -v” for the version check.
The missing headers is probably the kernel headers. You have kernel sources and headers in RPMs on the CD. Just install them and it should work.

You need to install the kernel source, which isn’t installed by default for some reason. The source is on the second CD of the Redhat 7.2 set.

Grab the source RPMs, create your own binary RPMs (rpm --rebuild NVIDIA_…) for both and follow the ‘Install by RPM’ instructions with the ones you created (they will be in /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i386). Pretty painless compared to the early versions of the Nvidia driver.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.