Any method to texture map a tessellated polygon?

Hi there,

Could someone tell me how to do texture mapping on a tessellated polygon, especially the one with a hole in it?

I have tried two methods:

1. Override the callback function of gluTessVertex(), and pass the vertices coordinates as well as texture coordinates as the argument(which is in void*). However, the system crashed!

2. Use glTexGen() and specify two planes(by specifying the coefficients of ax+by+cz+d=0) and let OpenGL generate the texture coordinates for me. However, the textures are incorrectly mapped and when I move the camera position/angle(by using gluLookAt()), the textures are “floating” on the polygon.

How can I do that? Can someone tell me what’s wrong with my methods? Any links of how to do this in detail, or with examples? Thank you very much in advance!

Some OGL fanatic will flame me for this reply but… I think it’s always better to do triangulation/tesselation by yourself instead of using Tesselator functions from GL implementation.
That way U can have more detail on how your data is managed and of course make your texture coords creation more easy.

rIO.sK http://www.spinningkids.org/umine