Any idea how to accomplish this look with GLSL?

Would anybody have any advise on how to accomplish the following look with GLSL?

It looks like the dev removes color, but not sure how to do that, or if that’s even what they’re doing.

By the way, you don’t have to post code, a little orientation is appreciated.

You mean old look ?

Just use a 320240 resolution, with 256 colors and 3232 pixels textures and no lighting.

Or did I understood you not in the right way ?

[QUOTE=Silence;1283831]You mean old look ?

Just use a 320240 resolution, with 256 colors and 3232 pixels textures and no lighting.

Or did I understood you not in the right way ?[/QUOTE]

You understood me perfectly, I’m wanting to accomplish that retro look, so you pointed me towards the right direction. I’d like to see what lighting and shadows look like under those graphical limitations though, if possible. I’ll give it a try tonight hopefully. Thanks Silence!

I can also suggest you the Doom 1 source code. But AFAIK data are not provided with the code.

For the grass and other things (enemies…), you’ll need billboards.

[QUOTE=Silence;1283855]I can also suggest you the Doom 1 source code. But AFAIK data are not provided with the code.

For the grass and other things (enemies…), you’ll need billboards.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the links! I read it only compiles and runs on Linux, but that’s fine. I’m working on making the game look old, but move in a more modern fashion. It would be so nice to get dynamic light working but under those graphical limitations. That’s what I’m aiming at.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.