Antialiasing on texture

Hi all,
I’d like to know if there’s a way for performing an antialiasing filter on a texture using OpenGl.
Checking some docs I only found glHint but I don’t think it applies on texture.
I hope my question is not too trivial otherwise please suggest me some good site for documentation about it.

Thanks in advance for any help

Bye

To get the best quality, you should use mipmapping ,set the minification filter to GL_LINEAR_MIPMAP_LINEAR and set the magnification filter to GL_LINEAR. You can also use anisotropic filtering for textures that are not aligned to the screen.
Another technique is to use floating point textures that I don’t know how to use them yet;)
As we map the textures to the polygons, we may see artifacts around the polygons. We can solve this problem with multisampling.
-Ehsan-

Hi, thanks for answering,
basically I need to set an antialiasing on the original texture not on the stretched one.
I mean my source texture has alias and I want to filter it, I thought openGL has some filter like convolutions performed on the card to have better performance.
thanks again

Why don’t you use a high quality texture?It’s the job of the artist to create high quality textures( there are many books about creating the textures in photoshop ).
DevIL is an image processing API. I don’t know if it adds the quality of the texture:
http://openil.sourceforge.net
-Ehsan-

the texture comes from a decoded video

the texture comes from a decoded video frame, so I just wanted to have a smooth image, the way for doing that would be to apply a antialiasing filter but I wanted to take advantage of the GPU without affecting CPU.

I guess GL_ARB_imaging convolve the image. I’ve never used it before.
-Ehsan-

You can implement a filter you wish using fragment shaders, but I don’t suppose you can “smooth” the image, you will most likely blur it. What do you mean by “antialiasing filter” anyway?

just a way to have a better image, probably a low-pass filter.