I’m trying to animate a 3D curve, and I was hoping that someone might push me in the right direction…
My User Story:
- I have a sphere
- I’ve defined 2 points on the sphere using spherical coords
- I want to connect those two points with a curve
- The curve has a beginning and an end
- The curve would be drawn over time
- It would resemble a flight path
Up till now, I’ve been drawing my curve with a Bezier. But it seems that this approach is problematic for a couple reasons:
** the control points I pick are only eye-balled approximations to the sphere, b/c they aren’t real spherical coords
** is it even possible to animate Bezier curves as described in my User Story
Should I be pursuing a different curve? Is gluNurbs something that I should look into instead? Or if Bezier curves are perfectly valid, I’ll dig deeper. I just want to make sure I’m looking in the proper direction.
Thank you so much in advance - I deeply appreciate it.