And the OGL 2.0 HLSL is!

You’re obviously refering to d3d then - so why mention that fact on an opengl forum?
It’s like microsoft claiming winxp works on ‘linux hardware’…

Ummm, no, I’m talking about OpenGL. We have Cg programs running as ARB_vertex_programs on ATI hardware, and as NV_vertex_programs (would you believe it?) on 3Dlabs hardware.

• Matt

Umm, Matt, that’s only half of Cg - the pixelshaders are what most people are interested in - you know, the stuff we can’t do on the CPU?

… and as NV_vertex_programs (would you believe it?) on 3Dlabs hardware.

Didn’t suprise me! I remember John Carmack talking about his experience with the P10 3DLabs sent him. He said the P10 has basic support for NV_vertex_program (version 1.0) and NV_register_combiners. I find that pretty cool that another card that’s NOT a GeForce has basic support for some of the NV GeForce extensions. If only all cards shared extensions like this.

-SirKnight

I thought I had seen MESA getting the reg combiner extension. There was even a demand for some help on it.

Must have been my imagination cause it’s not there now. hmmm…

V-man

Originally posted by SirKnight:
[b] Didn’t suprise me! I remember John Carmack talking about his experience with the P10 3DLabs sent him. He said the P10 has basic support for NV_vertex_program (version 1.0) and NV_register_combiners. I find that pretty cool that another card that’s NOT a GeForce has basic support for some of the NV GeForce extensions. If only all cards shared extensions like this.

-SirKnight [/b]

well, its not the job of a gpu to adapt the extensions of other vendors, i bet you would prefer it to get real extensions instead of that proprietary stuff…

and i would prefer bether designed extensions would fit onto all systems (i mean, sorry, register combiners. they are great fun, but handy? no… cool, nonthesess, but not handy…)

Matt, so that’s that. No opengl Cg fragment stuff on anything but nvidia hardware, right?

I was not being totally serious on my last remark there. Hence the ’ ’ face. The message I was displaying though meant that it would be nice if all cards supported the same things the same way. Like you say none of this proprietary stuff.

-SirKnight

I think it’s very safe to say that we will make sure Cg has support for ARB_fragment_program.

• Matt

LOL!