Acc buffer + filters + compositing techniques..

I was searching around for more informations concerning all the techniques that can be done using accumulation buffer or similar mechanism. The most common techniques used & well documented are dof, box filters, motion blur, aliasing, image warping, convolution, extrapolation but there are certainly a lot of more effects (filters) that can be achieved as accumulation (like shaders) opens the door for compositing.

Anybody knows good docs about other kind of effects, links or books?

thx

[This message has been edited by Ozzy (edited 07-20-2003).]

Hi Ozzy! Long time…

I haven’t found any good info either, but taken the functionality of an accumulation buffer (basically render several different images and blending), I think you can only do a few “useful” things with it (spatial filtering=FSAA&DOF, temporal filtering=motion blur).

On the other hand I think you can achieve a few surrealistic effects which could be useful for special sections of a game (e.g. portals, “drugs” etc), such as blending front/back/left/right views, “partial twisting” (standard view + N x camera rotated about screen Z axis), “partial scaling” (standard view + N x modified X/Y aspect), etc. Think “demo effects”

Wish I could help you more…

BTW. GLFW isn’t dead, but in a state of coma.