A picture in a wall, without create a new object

Hello. I need to know if there is a function that allow me to put an image in a face of an object, but not as a texture. I want to put an image with dimensions that aren´t power of 2 in a face of an object, like a picture in a wall. So, I need a fuction that paste this image in the object as a bitmap, not as a texture. Anybody can help me?
I knew the function glTexSubImage2D(…), but this isn´t what I need, because it only can paste an image replacing a part of a texture, but in the range of the originally defined texture array. My problem is that I take a small array of texture and I repeat this texture for cover all the face of an object. Then, when I have cover all the face repeating the texture, I need to paste an image in a determined place of the face. With glTexSubImage2D(…), I can paste this image in the original small array of texture. Then, when I repeat this texture, the image is repeating too.
Thank you.

Hello!

Youmight want to try multipass texturing, and use textures that are larger than your bitmap, and use an alpha channel. Just set the alpha to zero where you don’t want the texture to be shown and 255 where it should. Say your image is 4361 then use a texture map with the size 6464 and set the alpha to 255 on the 43*61 texels where your image is and the rest to zero.

Hope this helps
Osku

Originally posted by Osku:
[b]Hello!

Youmight want to try multipass texturing, and use textures that are larger than your bitmap, and use an alpha channel. Just set the alpha to zero where you don’t want the texture to be shown and 255 where it should. Say your image is 4361 then use a texture map with the size 6464 and set the alpha to 255 on the 43*61 texels where your image is and the rest to zero.

Hope this helps
Osku[/b]

Thank you very much, Osku!!
I will try this, I think it´s the solution for my problem.

Maski.