5 different size opencl.dll version 1.2.11.0: what is going on???

Hi,
FYI, I have been dealing with some issues with SFC finding corrupt files on my computer… fixing all except opencl.dll… only I think it is the backup image that is corrupt. except for one significant detail:

Is someone doing something dirty? Nvidia??? (I have seen this going on for 20+ years now.)

There are 5 different “versions” or size files for Khronos’s Opencl.dll file version 1.2.11.0 on my computer… even after a FRESH install.

[b]It is a sin against all that is holy to alter a .dll and not change the version. It is selfish and destructive.

[/b]

SO I ask… does anyone know what is going on here? is it normal? Should someone get spanked?

Please look at the following files: one image clearly shows the different size files, their paths, their file version numbers, and the dates. Nice and easy to read.
The other is one of 5 property windows that show the file’s product name and copyright… all are the same.

[ATTACH]108[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]109[/ATTACH]

SFC results:
Windows Resource Protection found integrity violations. Details are included
in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example
C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. Note that logging is currently not supported in
offline servicing scenarios

From the log file:

2016-05-18 14:56:23, Info CSI 00003e2d [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:10]“opencl.dll” of microsoft-windows-RemoteFX-clientVM-RemoteFXWDDMDriver-WOW64-C, version 10.0.10586.0, arch Host= amd64 Guest= x86, nonSxS, pkt {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35} in the store, hash mismatch
2016-05-18 14:56:23, Info CSI 00003e37 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:10]“opencl.dll” of microsoft-windows-RemoteFX-clientVM-RemoteFXWDDMDriver-WOW64-C, version 10.0.10586.0, arch Host= amd64 Guest= x86, nonSxS, pkt {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35} in the store, hash mismatch
2016-05-18 14:56:23, Info CSI 00003e38 [SR] This component was referenced by [l:125]“Microsoft-Windows-RemoteFX-VM-Setup-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.10586.0.RemoteFX clientVM and UMTS files and regkeys”
2016-05-18 14:56:23, Info CSI 00003e3b [SR] Could not reproject corrupted file [l:23 ml:24]"??\C:\Windows\SysWOW64"[l:10]“opencl.dll”; source file in store is also corrupted

Even after a fresh install, the NVidia drivers were automatically installed (Yesterday) then clearing them out with UDD and reinstalling did not change a thing!

My guess is that the back up files do not match the current ones and they have the same version number… hence the SFC errors… that cannot be fixed. SO it may be the backup image that is bad… but still 5 different file sizes for the same version???

Don’t quote me on this, but you can probably manually delete all of those DLLs except 3rd and 4th if it bugs you so much without breaking anything. Why is it a problem again?

Long story short: Trying to edit raw images and do other tasks on computer, falling short I have updated to several video cards - and issues most likely due to drivers from NVidia have arrisen. (yes I removed the old drivers first.)

SFC has show some errors and I have had some issues with various things; so far this opencl.dll issue is the only one I have not been able to get past.

Undoubtedly there will be more down the road.

I Have to start over this week, and now I have to wait to start over again when I get a new drive sent. So I am starting from scratch.

I will be reinstalling and I wish to have everything working that can… so any new issues that crop up will not be compounded by other issues.

Plus… it really bugs me that after dealing with version corruption issues 20+years ago (like Gamespy dlls that used to trash my gaming experience…)
people still modify dll’s for their own programs, but do not change the version number… breaking it for the other programs that wish to use the file… but cannot anymore!
I have recently taken some C# classes and that only makes me even madder that they do this.
I would like someone to fix it.

Khronos owns it. NVidia screws it up… and they do not register it with Microsoft correctly to let them do the update correctly… or Microsoft screws it up.

I mean… how about some professionalism and team work? instead of bypassing the system and procedures… why not take a moment to work within the system… or make it work.

I am making every effort to muddy the waters so someone who needs to see this will… and can get people to coordinate together instead of bypassing the system and breaking it for others.

Sound reasonable?

So far I have not had any noticeable problems with the video… However… since I have not been able to re-install everything… (why bother when I have to start over in a few days) I have not been able to truly see if everything is running right. All I know is there are corruption indications from sfc. the same ones that were there when things were a little off.