3d textures memory size

Hi!
i’m having a lot of troubles with the texture 3d size memory, i have acces to a onyx 350 infiniteReality and when i ask how much memory size for 3d textures and it says 128 (it’s hard to believe). Is it the configuration or something?, please Help!
here is the code that i use for ask de memory size.

#include <GL/glut.h>
#include <iostream.h>

void display() {
glClear(GL_COLOR_BUFFER_BIT);

int max3dtexdims;
glGetIntegerv(GL_MAX_3D_TEXTURE_SIZE_EXT, &max3dtexdims);
cout << "Maximo tam con extension " << max3dtexdims << endl;
glGetIntegerv(GL_MAX_3D_TEXTURE_SIZE, &max3dtexdims);
cout << "Maximo tam sin extension " << max3dtexdims << endl;

}

int main() {
glutCreateWindow(“pru”);
glutDisplayFunc(display);
glutMainLoop();
}

Thanks.

Don’t know, doesn’t sound impossible. After all, older systems don’t even have multitexturing, while it’s standard on consumer video cards since more than 5 years.
Don’t expect any advanced functionnality (>OGL 1.1) from these kind of systems.

Y.

Originally posted by hec_mex:
Hi!
i’m having a lot of troubles with the texture 3d size memory, i have acces to a onyx 350 infiniteReality and when i ask how much memory size for 3d textures and it says 128 (it’s hard to believe). Is it the configuration or something?, please Help!
here is the code that i use for ask de memory size.

Your calls aren’t asking for memory size but rather maximum dimensions.

Your calls aren’t asking for memory size but rather maximum dimensions.

thanks, but don’t you think they are to small for such big computer?, i have a 512x512x512 3d texture and it doesn’t support it.
any help?

Me.

/usr/gfx/gfxinfo can give you the size of texture memory in the SGI machine.

If you are using RGBA mode, you will need 512 mega bytes texture ram to display 512x512x512 dataset. Please correct me if I am wrong. I don’t know if there is SGI workstation come with 512 MB texture memory(in one pipe).

Originally posted by irix6:
[b]/usr/gfx/gfxinfo can give you the size of texture memory in the SGI machine.

If you are using RGBA mode, you will need 512 mega bytes texture ram to display 512x512x512 dataset. Please correct me if I am wrong. I don’t know if there is SGI workstation come with 512 MB texture memory(in one pipe).[/b]

Thanks, i execute the gfxinfo and it sais
Texture Memory: 1024MB/1024MB/-/-
in each of the 3 pipes.
And the computer i’m running the program is not a workstation (i hope), it is a onyx 350 with InifiniteReality4, thats why i can’t consive the textures sizes it gives me.

strange… As I know IR4 based on ATI R300 VPU. Maximum supported size for r300 is 2048x2048x2048.
(http://www.delphi3d.net/hardware/viewreport.php?report=858)

Originally posted by hec_mex:
[b] Thanks, i execute the gfxinfo and it sais
Texture Memory: 1024MB/1024MB/-/-
in each of the 3 pipes.
And the computer i’m running the program is not a workstation (i hope), it is a onyx 350 with InifiniteReality4, thats why i can’t consive the textures sizes it gives me.

[/b]

Wow… 1024 MB Texture memory in one pipe?
I still live in old day when we only have 64 MB texture memory in a Onyx2(It was ‘fast’ at that time)…